I am a HUGE Trader Joes fan! Recently I discovered this pre-marinated salmon from there that has quickly become one of my favorite dinners. It’s super easy, just pop it in the oven at 375F for 15 minutes or so and you’re good to go! They even give you a little lemon wedge to squirt on before baking for just a little extra pop of flavor. If you prefer to broil or grill your salmon they have directions on the back of the packaging on how to do that as well.
- 1 package Herb Dijon Salmon from Trader Joes
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- Olive oil
- Lemon Pepper seasoning
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Since the salmon is so easy to prepare I decided to make some spaghetti squash as a side dish. Spaghetti squash is a great alternative to regular pasta if you are looking to cut out some carbs from your diet. You can find it in pretty much any grocery store in the produce section.
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and with a spoon scoop out the seeds and thick strands in the center of the squash. (I save my seeds which I rinse, dry, and then bake like you would do with pumpkin seeds).
- Drizzle olive oil on the squash halves and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning to taste (regular salt and pepper would work just fine here as well!).
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray, place squash halves cut side down, and roast for 45 to 60 minutes.
- After the squash is done roasting remove from the oven and raise the temp to 375F.
- Let the squash cool for at least 10 minutes. Once the squash has cooled pull out the strands of the spaghetti squash with a fork.
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saute pan. Add 1/4 cup of frozen peas and 1/4 cup of frozen corn and saute for a minute or so.
- Add the strands of spaghetti squash and sprinkle on a little bit more lemon pepper seasoning to taste. I love lemon flavor so at this point I add a lemon juice to the pan as well, but if you don’t want such a strong flavor just leave it out!
- After the 10 minutes has passed on the salmon cooking switch the oven settings to broil on the highest setting. Broil for 4 to 5 minutes until the top of the salmon has browned and is slightly crispy around the edges.
Plate up the salmon and spaghetti squash and enjoy!