We started a new tradition last year when UMASS starting having an annual football game against UNH at Gillette Stadium. I am lucky that a lot of my friends from UMASS live in the area so we have more than enough people to get together for a party bus to tailgate for the day!
The morning started out with a pancake and mimosa brunch at my house. I just use regular pancake mix but add a little cinnamon and sugar and vanilla extract to the batter.
I made a big pasta salad to take with us because it is so easy to make and feeds a lot of people.
- 2lbs of pasta (I mixed two shapes to make it more fun)
- 1 diced cucumber
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- 1 8.5 oz can of corn
- 1 carton of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 7 oz container of mozzarella balls, quartered
- Light ranch dressing
- Lemon juice
- Boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Immediately drain and rinse under cold water to prevent the pasta from cooking any more.
- Mix in the cucumber, yellow pepper, corn, mozzarella, and tomatoes.
- Add as much or as little ranch dressing as you like, a few squirts of lemon juice and some fresh cracked black pepper.