I only make this mashed potato recipe at Thanksgiving because I’m not gonna lie, it’s not good for you 🙂 I tried to lighten it up with reduced fat ingredients but sometimes it’s worth splurging on the good stuff!
Baked Mashed Potatoes
- 8 russet baking potatoes
- 1 onion, peeled but keep it whole
- 2/3 of a bar of light cream cheese
- 1/2 of a container of reduced fat sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cold butter
- Peel your potatoes and dice them into small even sized pieces (this will help them cook evenly).
- Cover the potatoes with cold water and add the onion (another trick that will ensure they cook evenly!)
Preheat your oven to 350 F.[br][br]
- Once cooked, drain and add to a mixing bowl with butter sour cream, cream cheese and pepper to taste.
- Mash until you get the consistency you want.
- Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle paprika on top. Add a few slices of cold butter.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 45 minutes.