I went to a friends birthday party the other weekend where we celebrated pot luck style and everyone brought a dish. One of my favorite things to do is to find a recipe and add or make changes to it to make it my own. When thinking about what to make that would feel a lot of people and transport easily this orzo recipe immediately came to mind. I found it a long time ago on the Food Network website.
The greatest thing about it – it can be served both hot or cold and is delicious both ways!
Recipe adapted from Rachel Ray.
Orzo with Feta and Tomatoes
- 1 lb orzo
- Salt (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes (halved)
- Large handful of parsley leaves (chopped)
- 2 cups of feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Boil water and add the orzo. Cook until al dente. Drain and coat the orzo with olive oil to keep it from sticking.
- While the orzo is cooking peel and dice the shallot. Cut the grape tomatoes in half and pull the parsley leaves off the stems and chop.
- Melt the butter in the same pot that you cooked the orzo over a medium heat. Add the shallot and saute until translucent.
- Turn the heat off. Add the feta cheese and the cooked orzo.
- Toss with the parsley and tomatoes.
- Add the lemon juice and season with pepper to taste.
3 thoughts on “Orzo with Feta and Tomatoes”
This looks delicious. I love orzo!
Thanks Meghan! 🙂
yum…love orzo, though not a parsley fan, as we know lol