If you guys haven’t heard of the blog How Sweet It Is you need to check it out. Jessica has a wonderful variety of recipes and I love that the majority of them have a few simple ingredients that I typically have in my house. I love her writing style and she takes beautiful pictures of all of her food.
I’ve been wanting to use my crockpot all winter and finally came across a simple recipe on How Sweet It Is last week: Crockpot Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Orzo. Jackpot!
I was a little nervous leaving my crockpot on all day while going to work but luckily my house was still standing by the time I got home.
Recipe adapted from How Sweet It Is
Crockpot Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Orzo
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil **I didn’t have basil so I used oregano**
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese + 2 tablespoons
- 8oz orzo
- 3/4 cup broccoli
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, parmesan cheese, basil, parsley, garlic and 3 tablespoons of wine in a bowl.
- Place chicken in a large ziplock bag, then pour marinade over top and coat chicken and let marinate in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, place chicken in your crockpot with 3 tablespoons of wine.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks – it should be super tender from cooking in the crockpot all day!
- Prepare the orzo according to directions.
- Steam the broccoli.
- Once cooked, add the orzo and broccoli to the shredded chicken.
- Mix in the remaining olive oil, parmesan and salt and pepper.
If you have any good crockpot recipes please share them with me!! Thanks 🙂