I love when I make something amazing without even meaning to. This garlic bread. WOW.
We were having an italian feast last weekend while skiing up in Vermont and staying at my friend’s Joanna and Will’s house. (Check out the post here). I wanted to make some garlic bread and decided to just throw something together with ingredients we had in the house. It came out gooood!
My go to secret ingredient for garlic bread is actually sugar. I sprinkle a little over the top right before putting it in the oven. A family friend taught me this trick a long time ago and boy does the sugar enhance all the other flavors of the bread.
Try it out and I bet you will love it!
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 baguette
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Parmesan cheese
- Shredded white cheddar cheese – I used a block with chives in it because we had it at the house
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil
Pre-heat the oven to 350 F[br][br]
- Cut the baguette in half.
- Mince the garlic and mix it in with the softened butter. Spread on the baguette.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the butter.
- Shred the cheddar cheese and cover the baguette with it.
- Rough chop the parsley and sprinkle over the cheddar. Drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Last, sprinkle sugar over the bread.
- Bake covered 10 to 15 minutes until warmed through.
- Once warmed, turn the broiler on high. Uncover the bread and broil until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.