I have been wanting to make Jenn from Peas and Crayons Sriracha deglazing sauce for some time now and I finally got around to it!
If you haven’t checked out Jenn’s blog yet you definitely should! She has wonderful and healthy recipes and she was my inspiration to try quinoa for the first time – which I did in this dish! It was garlic flavored and I found it in the rice aisle of my grocery store. 1 1/2 cups of water, add the quinoa mix, cover and cook on low for 15 minutes. Loved it 🙂
So here is my take Jenn’s dish…Enjoy!
Shrimp with Sriracha Sauce
- 1lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Olive oil
- White wine
- Sriracha sauce
- Dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- In a stainless steel skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the shrimp cooking 2 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are pink throughout.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and add another tablespoon of oil.
- Add a splash of white wine to the pan along with a 1/2 tablespoon of sriracha sauce. Whisk until all the small bits on the bottom of the pan have come up and you have a bubbling orange color sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp and sprinkle with dried parsley.
I served mine over garlic flavored quinoa and some frozen broccoli I had in my freezer that I steamed. Not as good as fresh but in a pinch it did the trick. I would have loved to have this with asparagus as well!
Thanks for the great recipe Jenn!
One thought on “Shrimp with Sriracha Sauce”
yayyyy!!! glad it was a hit!!!! I kind of want this right now! Make me a plate? I’ll be right over! 😉