Are you ready for Cinco de Mayo?
I sure am…Bring on the margaritas!
Here’s a quick salsa perfect it you need to throw something together last minute. You shouldn’t be drinking all that tequila on an empty stomach anyway 🙂
- 1 12oz bag of frozen corn, defrosted and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium-sized jalapeños, seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chop your red onion, jalapeños, and cilantro.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the corn.
- Saute the corn until it starts to turn brown.
- Mix the corn, onion, jalapeños, and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Squeeze in the juice of the 2 limes and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with tortilla chips!
You can can swap the frozen corn for 4 ears of fresh. Either cut it directly off the cob or roast it on the grill then cut it off. [br] [br]If you want an extra spicy salsa keep some of the seeds from the jalapeños.
Have a happy Cinco De Mayo weekend!!