I love goat cheese and I just happened to have a lot in the house right now. Perfect timing!
The idea to roast strawberries had been on my mind for the past few weeks now. If you read How Sweet It Is (one of my favorite blogs that I read daily!) I’m sure you know Jessica is on a roasted strawberry kick…Roasted Strawberry, Brie and Chocolate Grilled Cheese. Like REALLY?? She is amazing.
You know what was also amazing?
The roasted strawberries.
They definitely soften in the oven but the taste of them is like a super enhanced sweet strawberry. So yum.
I will be eating this salad every day for the next month…year…who knows 🙂
Roasted Strawberry and Goat Cheese Salad
- 4 cups Fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup Toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt, to taste
- Poppy seed dressing, to taste
Pre heat your oven to 375 F.[br][br]
- Wash and slice your strawberries. Coat with canola oil and season with salt.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the strawberries are roasting toast your almonds over low heat.
- Divide the spinach between 4 bowls.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese and almonds.roasted strawberries and poppy seed dressing.
HOW GOOD WAS THAT??