This is so easy it will quickly become a regular on your weeknight dinner menu.
The best part…you don’t even have to boil water to cook the pasta!
Recipe adapted from The Cheese Pusher
Chicken with Creamy Garlic Pasta
- [b]For the Chicken:[/b]
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil[br][br]
- [b]For the pasta:[/b]
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ lb spaghetti
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Dried parsley
[b]Pre-heat your oven to 300 F.[/b][br][br]
- Whisk the egg, 1 tablespoon of water and the Dijon mustard together in a bowl. Dip the chicken in the egg wash.
- In a pie plate combine the panko, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat an oven proof skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides – approx. 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to the oven to keep warm and finish cooking through.
- In a large pot, bring 2 teaspoons of olive oil to low heat. Add the minced garlic and stir constantly, allowing it to cook for 1-2 minutes without burning.
- Mix in the butter until melted. Add the salt, pepper and chicken stock. Raise the heat to high and let it come to a boil.
- Once it is at a boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente (it will say on the box). Reduce the stove to medium heat and mix in the parmesan until completely melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream and parsley.
- Top with a piece of chicken, a sprinkle of dried parsley and serve immediately.