Stuffing is just one of those things I have no interest in making from scratch.
Growing up we always ate Stove Top and I have no complaints! I think it’s great.
However, there are ways take ordinary Stop Top and add a gourmet twist. There are countless ways to do it but this time I added sautéed celery, onion, chicken stock and dried cranberries.
It was a huge hit for something quick and easy to make. This will definitely be on my Thanksgiving menu this year!
Not Your Typical Stove Top Stuffing
- 1 box of Stop Top stuffing – I used Chicken flavor
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 1 small onion (or 1/2 of a large onion)
- 3 celery stalks
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Dice the celery and onion and saute with 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pot until soft (approx. 4-5 minutes)
- Add the chicken stock and remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the contents of the stuffing pouch. Cover the pot and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the dried cranberries and fluff with a fork.
See quick and easy!