Who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter? I think it is my favorite combination of all time and I am always looking for new recipes that contain the two.
This recipe for Peanut Butter & Chocolate Bars popped up on my Pinterest feed and I was thrilled to see how easy they were to make! These bars have the perfect peanut butter to chocolate ratio and can be cut into bite sized pieces and serve an army.
They would also be perfect to gift out on the holidays to friends, family and coworkers or serve for dessert at a holiday or New Years party.
If you are a peanut butter and chocolate lover I definitely recommend trying this recipe out!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Bars
- [br][br][b]For the crust:[/b]
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 & 1/4 cups smooth peanut butter
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs [br][br][b]For the filling:[/b]
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Using an electric mixer on low, combine cake mix, peanut butter, butter, and eggs.**Note – batter will be thick**
- Reserve 1 & 1/2 cups of crust mixture. Press the remaining crust mixture into the bottom and partially up the sides of an un-greased 9″x 13″ baking pan. [br][br][b]TO MAKE THE FILLING:[/b]
- Place the chocolate chips and condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir the mixture until chocolate chips melt and mixture is smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the filling over the crust in the baking pan and spread evenly. [br][br]
- Crumble the reserved crust mixture over top of the filling.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned. Cool completely in the pan before cutting and serving.
One thought on “Peanut Butter and Chocolate Bars”
sounds delicious! anything pb & choc, i am in!