Normal people try to diet or eat healthy before summer.
That would be the smart thing to do.
Not me. I blame in on the extensive cold weather we had right up until June. Cold weather makes me crave warm and hearty dishes while warm weather I am all about the salads and grilled meats and veggies.
Thanks a lot winter.
While I always try to eat healthy (I definitely have my splurge days every so often…hello Sundays?) I decided to really crack down over the past two weeks. A friend of mine did a low carb diet the entire month of May and she looks fantastic. It was all the motivation I needed to make some simple changes to what I have been eating. I can honestly say after two weeks I already feel better and have a lot more energy.
While I can never cut out carbs completely since I love pasta too much, I have decided to go with a mix of low carb/clean eating dishes so there is plenty of variety. It is so easy to get bored when you don’t have options.
One of my coworkers had this dip at work last week. I tried some and loved it! I knew I had to make it ASAP. Not only is it tasty but it’s extremely easy to make and you don’t need many ingredients.
Serve it as a party appetizer or just snack on it at home with your favorite veggies or crackers!
- 11oz of goat cheese (1 log)
- 1.25 cups of plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani but you could also use sour cream)
- 1 packet of Ranch seasoning mix
- Additional garlic and onion powder if desired
- Assorted vegetables (I used baby carrots and cucumber)
- Assorted crackers (optional)
- Combine the goat cheese, greek yogurt and ranch seasoning in a food processor. Process until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Taste and add additional garlic and onion powder if needed.
- Serve with assorted fresh vegetables and/or crackers.