Here’s another great breakfast or lunch recipe that works while on the 21 Day Fix! I have eaten this the past two days for a late lunch since my morning Shakeology shakes have been keeping me so full and energized.
My roommate and I LOVE poached eggs so no surprise that one of our favorite dishes is Eggs Benedict. While the original is tasty, this 21 Day Fix-approved version cuts out all of the butter, salt and bacon and while still being packed full of flavor. Plus, eggs are a great source of protein and they keep you full. Poaching is the healthiest way to cook them because you don’t need any fat or oil.
Put a runny egg on anything and I’m sold!
- 2 Banquet Brown’N Serve Turkey Sausage Patties, frozen
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 large fresh eggs
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped onion or shallot
- 1 cup of fresh baby spinach
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 250F.
- Place the 2 frozen Banquet Brown’N Serve Turkey Sausage Patties in an unheated skillet with a lid along with the 3 tablespoons of water. Cover and heat over medium for 5 minutes. Uncover, flip the patties, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the second side has browned. Wrap loosely in foil and keep warm in the oven.
- Fill a shallow fry or saute pan (preferably metal, not non-stick) with 1.5-2″ of water and bring to a boil.
- In a separate skillet heat 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil over a medium heat. Add your chopped onions and turn the heat down to medium-low so they do not burn.
- Once the water for your eggs begins to boil reduce to very low simmer. Add 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar.
- Crack your eggs one at a time into a small bowl and gently slide them into the simmering water. Use a spoon to gently nudge the egg whites back towards the yolk.
- As soon as your eggs are in add the 1 cup of spinach to the skillet with the onions to cook just enough so it begins to wilt.
- Let your eggs cook for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place them on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Take your turkey sausage patties out of the oven. Place the spinach and onion saute down on a plate. Top with the turkey sausage and poached eggs. Add a pinch of paprika and freshly cracked black pepper before serving.