So I am one week into round 3 of the 21 Day Fix and could not be happier with my results: 11.7lbs down and 12″ gone
Holy crap. I only just started this journey on September 2nd!! I was so excited when I saw those numbers!
The week prior was crazy busy with a lot of meals out so I really stepped it up this past week by following the meal plan to a T, portioning out my food using the 21 Day Fix containers, and got in some double sessions with Autumn’s DVDs in the morning and classes at my gym at night.
I did still squeeze in some time for fun and went out with friends on Friday and Saturday night but I stuck to vodka sodas and made sure to sneak in a few waters here and there. We gotta have some fun right?
I am currently in the second week of co-hosting my own 21 Day Fix challenge group on Facebook and it is SO much fun! Some of the challengers are brand new to the 21 Day Fix while others are well into their multiple rounds. It is so inspiring to hear my challengers success stories, amazing results, delicious recipes and see how they motivate each other each and every day! It is also a great place to get that extra push I need on those days I am struggling to press play on my workouts.
If you want to join in on the challenge group fun I will be co-hosting another round starting on November 3rd. This rounds theme will be “Healthy for the Holidays!“. Leave a comment on this post and I will get you all of the details!
As the days are starting to get shorter and colder it makes me really want some comfort food and what is more comforting than mac and cheese? However, comfort food does not have to blow your waistline and make you feel bloated after eating it! This recipe for chicken mac and cheese has no butter, no salt and no cream – WHAT??
I usually poach and shred my chicken in large batches so I can use it in meals and salads throughout the week so feel free to increase the quantities listed in the recipe and make a lot at once 🙂
Do you have any good shredded chicken recipes?
- 4 small chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 8 oz whole grain pasta shells (will be approx. 4 cups once cooked)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the chicken breasts in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. Transfer to a cutting board or plate to cool and set aside.
- Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and freshly cracked black pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring another pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package direction (approx 10 minutes for al dente).
- While the pasta is cooking shred the cooled chicken and season with the spice mixture.
- Drain the cooked pasta reserving 1 cups of the pasta cooking water.
- Pour the cooked pasta back into the warm pot and add the shredded chicken and baby spinach.
- Mix until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and continue to mix until the cheese melts. If needed, use the reserved pasta water to help melt the cheese and give it a creamy texture. Only add a little bit of water at a time as to not make the dish soupy!
Who said you can’t have comfort food on the 21 Day Fix?