I have been slacking…
However, the slacking in blog posting is due to a brand new job I started back in November!
I am now the Event Marketing Manager for CLEAResult and I manage the entire event experience at all of our trade shows, conferences, client events and summits. My office is out of my house in Boston but CLEAResult is headquarter in Austin, TX. I will be visiting Austin a lot over the next year and I am looking forward to getting to know the city really well – it has been on my list to visit for quite some time now! I will also be traveling to some amazing cities to be on site for our events – Portland, Chicago and Orlando are up next!
I love working from home because I am able to do my workouts in the morning and cook all my meals for myself. Although I have been slacking in the blog world I have been working out daily and still following my 21 Day Fix meal plan and of course drinking my Shakeolgoy!
I am currently down 14.7lbs and 12.5 inches and most of my clothes are now fitting much better or are too big! My goal is to be over the 20lbs lost mark before I leave for Luke Bryan‘s “Crash My Playa” concert vacation in Mexico with my sister and our friends at the end of January.
To help get me to my goals I have incorporated another Beachbody program into my routine – PiYo!
I got the deluxe version that comes with the addtional strength and hardcore on the floor DVDs along with the strength slides.
PiYo is low impact, high intensity workout that incorporates pilates and yoga inspired moves and constant movement to help sculpt long, lean muscles and burn fat. There are no weights and no jumps and it is great for all fitness levels! Some of the other coaches on my team have completed this program and got amazing results so I cannot see where I am at once the 60 days is up!
So far I have only been doing the PiYo workouts for a week but they are HARD – I am drenched with sweat by the end so I know the results are going to be good. I love that it helps improve my flexibility as well.
Poached eggs are one of my favorite lunches because they are packed full of protein and keep my full and energized throughout the day. I have been eating them over a variety of meats and veggies but recently I stumbled upon al fresco chicken sausages and they are my new favorite! I have tried the roasted garlic and sweet apple with pure vermont maple syrup.
If you haven’t tried these yet grab some next time you are at the grocery store – they are sooooo yummy!
- 1/2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 al fresco sweet apple chicken sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 2 fresh eggs, cracked into individual bowls
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- Fill a shallow fry or saute pan (preferably metal, not non-stick) with 1.5-2″ of water and bring to a boil.
- While the water is coming to a boil, heat 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil over a medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion and saute for 1 minute. Raise the heat to medium and add the sliced mushrooms and chicken sausage. Saute until both are golden brown – the sausage will get a little crispiness to them!
- Once the water for your eggs begins to boil reduce to very low simmer. Add 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar.
- Crack your eggs one at a time into a small bowl and gently slide them into the simmering water. Use a spoon to gently nudge the egg whites back towards the yolk.You want a simmer where you see a bubble pop up to the surface every now and then so raise the heat slighted if you need to.
- As soon as your eggs are in add 1 cup of spinach and pinch of garlic powder to the veggie skillet. Mix in until the spinach begins to wilt and is warmed through.
- Let your eggs cook for 3 – 3.5 minutes until the whites are cooked through but the yolk is still runny.
- Transfer your veggie mixture to a clean plate and set aside. Remove the poached eggs with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Place the eggs over the veggie mixture and top with freshly cracked black pepper and a pinch of paprika.
2 thoughts on “21 Day Fix: Poached Eggs over Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage, Mushrooms and Spinach”
That sounds delicious! I also like to plop and egg on top of sweet potato “hashbrowns” , spinach and smoked salmon, sort of a grain-free egg-florentine – so good!
Happy Holidays Emily!
Mmmm sweet potato hashbrowns sound amazing! Happy Holidays to you too!!