I am in the slow process of revamping my blog, starting with the new logo I made using PicMonkey! I love the simple design and calming colors.
To celebrate my new clean and simple look I have a clean and simple recipe to share with you today! If you have been following along with my posts over the past few months you might remember the homemade taco seasoning I made and used to create my own, healthy version of cheesy hamburger helper.
This seasoning is packed full of heat and flavor and was the key ingredient to make this dish pop. I like to swap out taco shells with lettuce wraps for a healthier alternative and to make to recipe low carb.
The day before I had browned 1 pound of ground turkey in 2 tablespoons of olive oil with a diced onion and then seasoned it a good amount of the taco seasoning. I did not measure how much seasoning I put in because it will be a personal preference depending on how much heat you want in your meat – I prefer mine spicy so I seasoned with a heavy hand!
This recipe is 21 Day Fix approved and will be added regularly to my lunch rotation!
**Note** These are messy to eat but SO tasty!! Definetly worth it 🙂
Click here to get my turkey taco seasoning recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1lb of ground turkey
- Taco seasoning, to taste
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Add the olive oil to a pan and over a medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and saute until translucent, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until browned, approx. 5-7 minutes.
- Season with taco seasoning (to your taste preference)
- Lay the lettuce leaves down on a plate.
- Layer the turkey taco mixture, halved tomatoes and cheddar cheese on top, divided evenly over each plate
- Roll up and enjoy!