I am writing out this post as I sat on my flight to Nashville heading to the annual Beachbody Coach Summit! Upon landing I will be surrounded by 25,000 other Beachbody coaches as well as celebrity trainers for 3 jam-packed days of new product launches, live workouts, inspiring keynote speakers and educational workshops. I am both nervous and excited at the same time!!
I am a full time event planner but have NO idea what to expect from an event of this size. It is nothing like the events I have put on in the past and I am excited to be an attendee rather than a planner for once J We are freakin TAKING OVER LP STADIUM – how cool is that?!?
Some of my team members are on my flight and have attended this event in the past (last year it was in Las Vegas!) and their advice is to just soak it all in and have fun! I am also looking forward to meeting other members of my team I have not yet met in person and I have my fingers crossed I will get to meet my favorite trainers Autumn Calabrese and Shaun T as well. Over these next few days I will be doing live workouts with BOTH of them as well as taking part in the Super Workout featuring all of the trainers and we are closing down Broadway to do this! My friend and coach Colleen will be up on stage with Autumn and I can’t wait to see her up there!
Here is a picture from the 2014 Super Workout from 2014 but it doesn’t even do it justice:
This week is just full of excitement. Not only is it Coach Summit but it is also the launch of Fixate, 101 brand new recipes written by Autumn Calabrese, the creator of my favorite programs, the 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme. I already ordered my copy and I am so excited to announce that the first 5 people who want to take control of their health and fitness by purchasing a 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme Challenge Pack will be gifted a copy of the cookbook from me!
Added bonus: Both the 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Challenge Packs are on sale for the month of July!!
These 5 spots will fill up quick so don’t hesitate to get your challenge pack from me here. I will be your personal coach and will help you any way I can to reach your goals! I even have a private online challenge group called Superlife: The Summer Edition kicking off July 20th that I would love to have you in!
Want to learn more about the 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme or my Superlife group? Leave a comment on this post or email me at email@example.com and I will get in touch with you so we can chat more. These programs and nutrition plan have changed my life in so many ways and I want to pay it forward to YOU!
I can’t wait to do a recap post all about my first experience at Coach Summit but while I am gone check out this recipe for shrimp and pasta primavera I made earlier this week. I am a huge fan of the frozen shrimp at Whole Foods because of the size of the shrimp and the quality. You could even substitute out half or all of the pasta with zoodles and it would be just as tasty 🙂
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1lb large fresh (or frozen and defrosted) shrimp
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz whole grain pasta shells (or shape of your choosing)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water before draining and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, season the shrimp with garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a saute pan over a medium heat. Add the diced onion and a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional). Saute the onion until translucent, approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes until they begin to turn pink.
- Flip the shrimp over and add the spinach and tomatoes.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the spinach has wilted slightly and the shrimp are fully pink and cooked all the way through.
- Add the cooked pasta and parmesan cheese.
- Use the reserved pasta water if needed to help make a light sauce and melt the cheese.
3 thoughts on “21 Day Fix: Shrimp and Pasta Primavera”
How do you count the containers per serving?
It will be 1 spoon, 1 red, 1.5 green, 2 yellow and 1 blue…I realized I forgot to highlight them in color on the recipe. The recipe itself makes 1 serving so you can double it if you want to make more or cook for 2 people 🙂
Can you freeze it?