Today is October 1st and after an unusually warm September I am so ready to settle into the cooler fall weather.
My sweaters, boots, scarves and leather jackets have come out of hiding and I am ready to rock all of my favorite fall fashions!
Along with amazing outfits the fall season is full of some of the coziest and comforting recipes! I am a huge butternut squash fan and some of my favorite recipes from 2014 were:
Amaretto Butternut Squash Soup
Pork Chops over Whole Grain Pasta with Butternut Squash Sauce
Butternut Squash & Spinach Lasagna Rolls
With the football season kicking off and friends and family being home from their summer vacations I like to invite them over to catch up and toast to the new season ahead – usually with a Stoli Pumpkin (Shipyard Pumpkin beer with a shot of vanilla vodka poured in served in a glass rimmed with cinnamon and sugar). It doesn’t get more fall than THAT!
One of my favorite (and easy) appetizers that I like to whip up is a Brown Sugar and Almond Baked Brie. I always have brown sugar and almonds on hand so grabbing a wheel of brie while grocery shopping makes this an easy dish for last minute get together that is always a crowd pleaser.
I serve mine warm and bubbly with a side of whole grain crackers and sometimes some tart green grapes. The sweetness of the brown sugar with the crunch of the almonds and the creaminess of the melted brie ensures that this appetizer gets gobbled up in about 2.5 seconds flat 🙂
- 1 wheel of brie cheese
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of slivered almonds
- Whole grain crackers
- Green grapes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of tin foil or parchment paper. Unwrap the brie and place in the center of the sheet. Press 1/4 cup of brown sugar on to the top of the brie. Top with 1/4 cup of slivered almonds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the almonds have browned slightly and the cheese is warm and bubbly.
- Serve immediately along with some whole grain crackers and green grapes (optional).