Yesterday marked Day 1 out of 21 for me and the STRUGGLE. WAS. REAL.
I had evening plans to head to my friends house for a girls get together knowing there was going to be some yummy snacks! However, knowing what is in store for the evening made me able to plan the rest of my day accordingly! I got my workout in and made sure my nutrition was on point and included lots of fruits, veggies, protein and my superfood shake.
It is completely unrealistic for me to have a straight 21 days where I can be 100% on point with my nutrition, especially during the holiday season, but I WILL get my workout in daily and really make my cheats count when I do have them.
I also never like to show up to a party empty handed and wanted to bring something yummy, yet healthy, for the girls to enjoy. This Chocolate Peanut Butter pie has only 5 ingredients (including my favorite chocolate superfood powder and greek yogurt) and does not need to be baked in the oven. It took me 5 minutes to make and I didn’t feel guilty when I had a slice last night since it was packed full of protein.
The ability to make smart choices and have a healthy relationship with food is one of my favorite parts about my nutrition program. Keep your eye out for the recipe in the comments section of this post in the new few days 🙂
I have an ongoing “Healthy THROUGH the Holidays” wellness group that just kicked off this week. Comment on this post or email me at ? firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join in!
We will not let the holidays get the best of us this year!!
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat (2%) plain thick Greek yogurt
- 2 scoops of Chocolate Shakeology
- 1/2 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 whole wheat graham pie crust
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine yogurt, Shakeology, peanut butter, and almond milk in a large bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust.
- Place dark chocolate chips around the pie (optional)
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until firm.
- Cut into 8 servings.