I have been itching to get my hands on this frozen cauliflower from Trader Joe’s for months now. I know you can make your own but sometimes you just can’t beat the convenience of having it ready to go in the freezer!
The problem is that it is so popular and Trader Joe’s sells out regularly. I have gotten into the habit of grabbing two bags or more at a time to ensure I am stocked up!
I was skeptical of this recipe because let’s be real, it’s missing the carbs!! But honestly I was totally satisfied from this dish and I didn’t feel like I needed actual rice or quinoa at all! The cauliflower rice has a nice texture and by adding the chicken it was super filling. The leftovers heated up nicely for lunch too.
I run a monthly wellness group online and since I have shared this recipe it has been a group favorite! Every day I log into the group and I am so proud to see everyone feeling great, sharing the progress they are making with their workouts, loving their shakes, and coming up with so many tasty clean eating recipes!
We are always welcoming in new group members so if you are interested just fill out this form and I will be in touch with you!
Chicken Cauliflower Rice
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 2 cups
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 teaspoons of coconut oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs
- 1 12oz bag of frozen cauliflower rice (1.5 cups fresh if you make your own)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Heat 2 teaspoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over a medium heat and add the seasoned chicken.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. **Its OK if the chicken is not cooked all the way through. It will continue to cook on the plate and will be added back to the pan to finish cooking later.**
- Heat 1 teaspoons of coconut oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, ginger, carrots, and peas. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Move the veggies to one side of the pan and crack the eggs on the other side. Gently scramble the eggs using a spatula. As the eggs start to cook and are no longer liquid, start to incorporate them in with the veggies in the pan.
- Remove the veggies and eggs from the pan. **I add them to the plate with the cooked chicken**
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in the pan over a medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and other veggies and eggs back to the pan.
- Add the soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Sauté for an additional minute or two until the sauces are evenly distributed and everything is warmed through.
Serving size: 2 cups
Portion Fix Container Equivalents per serving: 1.25 red, 1 green, 0.25 yellow, 1 spoon