The recipe came about because I just bought these colorful silicone baking liners and wanted an excuse to use them.
I am a huge fan of making mini meatloaves because I find it way easier than having to roll out meatballs and it is a great way to use up any leftover veggies you have in the fridge. For this recipe I used zucchini and summer squash that I diced up small but it would work great in zoodle form as well.
Some of my other favorite veggie mix-ins include spinach, broccoli and cheddar, tomato basil mozzarella. You can get super creative with this!!
This was my first time using silicone baking liners and I couldn’t resist these bright neon ones since I am pretty much obsessed with anything and everything I can get my hands on that is neon. The whole need for silicone liners started a few weeks ago when I made some egg cups to have as a grab-and-go breakfast or snack for added protein and although I sprayed the pan, they egg cups stuck so bad they ruined my tin and I had to throw it out. So thanks to some suggestions from friends I learned about these silicone liners and they work GREAT! I am thrilled they are just as vibrant in real life as they are in the picture.
&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;<br />
Have you had a mishap with sticking egg cups? Do you use silicone liners already? Share your favorite recipes by posting them in the comments below!
- 1/2 cup red onion, [i]diced[/i]
- 1/2 cup zucchini, [i]diced[/i]
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, [i]diced[/i]
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pink Himalayan salt, [i]to taste[/i]
- Pepper, [i]to taste[/i]
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Line a [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CXKBKM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002CXKBKM&linkCode=as2&tag=emilyjgoodman-20&linkId=15cf3155b68e29327312ab0c6635ac6e” target=”_blank”]12 cup muffin pan[/url] with [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00COWLXJ4/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00COWLXJ4&linkCode=as2&tag=emilyjgoodman-20&linkId=c8cabbbf997b6477c7ac416c103ca53b” target=”_blank”]silicone baking liners[/url]
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over a medium heat.
- Add the red onion and cook for 4 minutes until it begins to look translucent. Add the zucchini and yellow squash and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl add the ground turkey, egg, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and the onion, zucchini, yellow squash mixture.
- Mix gently until combined and divide evenly between the 12 cups (or use a [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CDVD2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0000CDVD2&linkCode=as2&tag=emilyjgoodman-20&linkId=79f864e9342d9bd1c69945760d357fe0″ target=”_blank”]medium cookie scoop[/url])
- Bake for 20 minutes until cooked through and tops begin to brown.
- Serve topped with [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000T8KQ4I/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000T8KQ4I&linkCode=as2&tag=emilyjgoodman-20&linkId=0138dd9bcfeb49518536775586ef134f” target=”_blank”]Cholula[/url] hot sauce (optional)