You can make pesto out of so many ingredients you have readily available in your fridge and pantry. I would say Basil Pesto is the most common recipe I see but I like to switch it up and make Arugula Walnut as well.
I would love to attempt some sun dried tomato or roasted pepper versions in the future. Do you have any favorite pesto recipes? Share them in the comments so I can try them out!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Recipe makes approx. 1 cup of pesto
- 3 cups basil, loosely packed
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine the basil, pistachios, parmesan, garlic, sea salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until everything is combined and finely chopped.
- Keep the food processor running and slowly stream the olive oil in. Stop the food processor and scrape down the sides if needed and continue to mix until all the oil is combined.
- Add the lemon juice and mix one more time. Taste the pesto and adjust seasonings as needed.
How to store your Pesto
Pesto will last in your fridge for 3-4 days. It is also easily frozen as well! I like to put my pesto in ice cube trays, freeze, then store in a plastic freezer bag. I like the individual frozen serving sizes to grab and throw into my dishes such as stir fries or pasta.