I don’t know if there is a food I love more than noodles. Any shape, any size, any cuisine. So when I trying to think of how I wanted to use my Fortune Noodles from JSL Foods one morning while also trying to decide what to eat for breakfast a thought popped into my head – BREAKFAST RAMEN!
This recipe is so quick and can totally hit the spot for any meal of the day – not just breakfast! And the Yaki-Soba noodles specifically come with 3 packs of noodles so feel free to double or event triple the recipe to feed a larger group.
To learn more about Fortune Noodles and JSL Foods please visit them here:
- Website: http://www.jslfoods.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JSLFoods/
- Instagram: https://twitter.com/JSL_Foods
- Twitter: https://www.instagram.com/jslfoods/
You can purchase Fortune products at Safeway, Fred Meyer, QFC, Albertson’s, Associated Stores, Cub Foods, United Supermarkets, Roche Bros, Meijer, Shaw’s, Stop N Shop, Price Rite, Shop Rite, Wakefern, Price Chopper, Giant, HEB, Walmart and Grocery Outlet.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Package JSL Foods Yaki-Soba noodles, seasoning packet discarded
- 2 slices of prosciutto **could substitute bacon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Sriracha or other hot sauce, optional
- Boil water and noodles. Cook for 1 minutes and drain, reserving a some of the pasta cooking water.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add the prosciutto. Cook, flipping occasionally until prosciutto is crispy. Transfer to a paper towel. Keep any fat from the prosciutto in the pan, do not wipe or rinse out.
- While the prosciutto is cooking, beat the egg in a bowl and mix the cheddar cheese and black pepper and set aside.
- In the skillet you cooked the prosciutto in, lower the heat to medium. Add the olive oil and scallion. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked noodles and toss. Turn off the heat under the pan.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the noodles and toss, letting the eggs cook from the heat of the noodles. Add the reserved noodle cooking water in small amounts as needed to create a smooth sauce.
- Top with additional scallions and sriracha or hot sauce (optional).
- Serve immediately.