I am so excited with the response to my first Shakeology giveaway! My **winner** was Mindy and I am so excited to get the flavor sample pack in the mail to her!
I love Shakeology SO much!
In fact I am drinking a chocolate shake with PB2 in it as I type. I still can’t believe I can drink something chocolaty for breakfast but have it be GOOD FOR ME?! It truly is my favorite part of every day.
This past weekend one of the coaches on my team came over to talk all things Beachbody and to cook up a delicious dinner with my and my roomate. She had just purchased the cookbook Dashing Dish: 100 Simple and Delicious Recipes for Clean Eating and after going through it we settled on Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breasts! I knew this recipe was going to be a winner!!
I loved the Dashing Dish cookbook so much because the recipes are simple and there is a picture with every. single. one. I will definitely be ordering a copy for myself because so many of the recipes fit within the 21 Day Fix meal plan. Make sure to check out the Dashing Dish blog as well!
We made a large batch of chicken, sauce, pasta and veggies since there were 3 of us eating AND we wanted left overs.
Recipe adapted from the Dashing Dish cookbook
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 small onion or shallot, diced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- 6oz can of tomato paste **check the label for no added ingredients**
- (2) 28oz cans of crushed tomatoes **check the label for no added ingredients**
- 4 sprigs of fresh basil
- FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 2 - 2.5lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx. 8 chicken breasts)
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- ½ cup cooked tomato sauce, divided
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning
- Thinly sliced pepperoni (you could use turkey pepperoni)
- 1lb of whole grain or whole wheat spaghetti
- In a large sauce pan heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over a medium-low heat. Add the diced onion or shallot and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional) and saute until the onion is translucent, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Raise the heat to medium and add the tomato paste. Let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the cans of crushed tomatoes and 4 sprigs of fresh basil. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Let the sauce simmer over a low heat for 30-60 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, pre-heat your oven to 375 F.
- Place each piece of chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound thin using a meat mallet. Lay the chicken flat in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle over the chicken.
- Spoon a little bit of sauce over each piece of chicken and then lay a thin slice of mozzarella in the middle. Roll up each chicken breast and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the chicken, lay another thin slice of mozzarella over the top of each piece and then top with a slice or two of pepperoni.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle (165 F on a meat thermometer).
- While the chicken is baking, bring a large pot of water to a boil for the spaghetti. Cook until al dente, according to the package directions.
- Drain and ladle in some of the sauce to keep the pasta from sticking together.