I am not a huge salad fan so when I do eat one I need a lot of variety in it!
My favorite salads always have goat cheese and some type of fruit. One of my favorites is a Waldorf Chicken Salad which typically has a mayo based chicken mixture on top. I made this recipe 21 Day Fix-approved by grilling my chicken and I actually like this version better!
This salad will fill you right up without leaving that bloated feeling that comes after eating a heavy lunch. Now that I work from home full time this is a great lunch option to throw into the mix.
What is your favorite salad?
Leave in the comments below!
- 1 small chicken breast
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of walnuts, toasted and crushed slightly
- 1 cup of mixed lettuce
- ½ cup of sliced green apples
- ½ cup of red grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 2.5 teaspoons of balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Season your chicken breast with pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Spray a grill pan with olive oil or coconut oil spray and heat over medium heat.
- Grill your chicken for 3-5 minutes until nice dark grill marks start to appear. Lift your chicken, spray the pan again with non-stick olive oil cooking spray and cook on the other side until you have grill marks and your chicken is fully cooked through an no longer pink inside.
- While your chicken is grilling, heat a saute pan over a medium low heat. Add the walnuts and cook over a low heat until golden brown and fragrant. Remove from the heat, let cool and crush slightly using the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Place the lettuce on a plate. Top with sliced green apples, red grapes, crumbled goat cheese, toasted walnuts and the grilled chicken.
- Top with your favorite dressing.