I have made arugula pesto before but have wanted to make traditional basil pesto for a while now.
This recipe was super easy and you can store in your freezer if you don’t want to use it right away!
Author: Emily Goodman
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 large package of basil, approx. 4oz
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Toast the pine nuts over low to medium heat until they are slightly browned - you will be able to smell them once they start toasting!
- Transfer the pine nuts to a food processor. Add the basil. Pulse until combined.
- Add the garlic and juice from ½ a lemon and pulse again.
- With the food processor running and add the olive oil in a continuous stream, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the grated cheese and pulse until combined.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Makes approx. 1 cup