Coconut Chicken ? Where have you been all my life?? Coconut and chicken is one of those perfect combinations that satisfies both flavor and crunch!
I have been working on new recipes to share exclusively in my February Clean Eating 101 group that I will be running on Facebook and my goal is to have a variety of dishes that work with different meal plans: Gluten Free, Paleo, Low Carb, No Carb, Vegetarian. I love to make sure I have something for everyone. Even better, all recipes will fit within the Fix Nutrition plan that I follow!
This recipe is completely Paleo-friendly!
So in honor of my February Clean Eating 101 group I wanted to share this recipe as a sneak peek into the type of recipes you can expect to see within that group.
Want to join the group? Send me a message on my Facebook page and or comment on this post and I will reach out to you and add you in!
What other recipes can you expect to find?
- Mango Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Spaghetti Squash Bolengese
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Skinny Burrito Bowls
- Skinny Stove Top Mac and Cheese
- Healthy Hollandaise Sauce
Along with cooking tips (I will show you exactly how I poach an egg!), meal prep and planning tips and printables, and grocery budgeting tips.
We kick off Monday, February 13th!!
Don’t forget to send me a message so I can add you to the group!
- 2 chicken breasts
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayanne pepper
- 2 eggs, cracked into a bowl and beat lightly
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Trim any fat off the chicken and slice into long tenders. Cover with a piece of saran wrap.
- Using a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy skillet beat until all pieces are a uniform thickness.
- Season with salt, pepper, and cayanne.
- One piece at a time, dip chicken first into the bowl of egg and then into the bowl of coconut.
- Lay chicken on a plate and repeat until all tenders are coated.
- Repeat until you have done all the chicken strips then place to the side.
- Heat the coconut oil over in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and the chicken has cooked all the way through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 375F
2. Once chicken is coated place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes per side.
3. Broil for 2-3 minutes if needed to brown the coconut flakes to your liking
<img draggable="false" data-mce-resize="false" data-mce-placeholder="1" data-wp-emoji="1" class="emoji" alt="?" src="https://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/2.2.1/svg/1f374.svg"> 21 Day Fix container equivalents per serving: 1 red, 1 blue, 1 spoon
Bored with chicken? You can use this exact same recipe but swap out the chicken for cod, haddock, shrimp – go nuts!! If you decide to make this recipe I want to see your pics! Please post them on my Facebook page or tag me on Instagram @emilyjgoodman ?