This is the EASIEST thing to do!
You will have more pumpkin than you know what to do with. It is also so much less expensive than buying it canned at the store.
Homemade Pumpkin Puree
Author: Emily Goodman
- 1 medium pumpkin
Pre-heat your oven to 400 F.
- Cut the pumpkin in half
- Scoop out the seeds (bake seeds separately if desired)
- Season the pumpkin halves with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the size of your pumpkin. You will know it's done when it is brown around the edges and fork tender.
- Let cool then scoop into a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add a tiny bit of water if needed to help along.
- Use immediately or store in freezer for future use.
If you would like to store some to use later portion into 2 cup servings in freeze safe bags and freeze.
**I was skeptical about putting the whole pumpkin in the oven but it worked perfectly! It makes it so much easier to cut in half after it’s cooked rather than before.*