I have been seeing recipes for quinoa patties all over Pinterest and knew I had to try to make some of my own. I thought they would be a good alternative to the MorningStar Farms Chick Patties I eat over my salads when I bring lunch to work.
The great thing about making these patties is you can use whatever ingredients you have lying around the house, fresh or frozen, and change-up the seasonings to your taste preferences. They are a healthy addition to any meal since quinoa is packed full of protein and keeps you nice and full so you won’t be grabbing for snacks one hour after eating them. You can eat them over a salad like me, or as an alternative to a burger and dress them up on a bun with lettuce, tomato and a nice aioli sauce.
This recipe makes A LOT of patties so I cooked one batch of 4 fully then formed the rest of the patties and individually wrapped them in saran wrap and froze them. If you know you are going to eat them all in the next few days the mixture will keep in the fridge and you can form the patties and cook as you need. Anything this easy is going to become a regular recipe for me!
- 2 1/2 cups of quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (plain or seasoned)
- 1/2 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, dice the shallot, peel and cut the carrots, and chop the parsley. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the quinoa.
- Add the eggs, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Form into small patties, approx. 1/2 cup each.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes per each side, or until they are golden brown in color.
I ate mine over a salad of mixed greens, cucumbers, beets, carrots and goat cheese with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
They were delicious!! I’m so glad I have extra’s frozen to eat another time 🙂