I LOVE THE 21 DAY FIX.
So much so that as soon as I hit Day 21 on my first round I started up the next day for a whole new cycle – any takers to jump in and do this round with me? Let me know I would love to add you to my team 🙂
This time is even more exciting because I am familiar with the meal plan, know what true portion sizes are, and I know how to meal prep for the week so nothing goes to waste. Since the challenge kit comes with the portion control containers there is no weighing food or counting calories – if it fits in the container, you can eat it!
I also love, love, LOVE my Shakeolgy shakes and can’t imagine starting my morning without one. Most importantly, I am getting in better shape and can see and feel the difference. This cycle I am doing my 21 Day Fix DVD’s in the morning and adding in 60 minutes classes at my gym at least 3 times a week. The classes range from Group Kickboxing and Power, to Barre, Hip Hop Cardio, Spinning and a Foam Roll and Stretch class.
I feel so much stronger and on days I know I am doing a double at the gym I will drink half a Shakeology shake in the morning after my DVD workout and then another half a shake in the afternoon before the gym. It really helps to give me that extra boost of energy for my evening workout.
The recipe I am going to share today was a spur of the moment trial that came out amazing – I love when that happens! This dish goes perfectly served alongside whole grain pasta, brown rice or quinoa and an extra side of veggies.
I am still shocked every time I make a dish full of flavor that contains NO SALT and NO OIL. Try it out and let me know what you think.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup of fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup of shredded colby jack (or cheddar) cheese
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Place your chicken in a plastic ziplock bag or between two pieces of saran wrap. On a cutting board using a the flat side of a meat mallet pound your chicken breast until it is a thin, even thickness. Season the side facing up with freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the baby spinach and colby jack (or cheddar) cheese on top of the chicken close to one end. Roll up the chicken and secure with as many toothpicks as needed to keep the chicken rolled.
- Season the top of the chicken with more freshly ground black pepper and a large pinch of garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Rub the seasonings in so they really stick.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 F. After 20 minutes turn the broiler on high and broil for an additional 3-5 minutes until the top of the chicken becomes golden and crispy.
- Remove the toothpicks before eating.