When I first learned about Serious Foodie I was excited to hear they started out as a food/travel blog. With lots of travel and food experiences under their belts they turned to creating small batch, region-specific artisan products focused on quality of ingredients. Their goal is making home gourmet cooking simple and interesting, and connecting people by sharing food cultures from around the world.
I am already inspired to create lots of receipes using the spice rubs and sauces they sent me this recipe focuses on the Filipino Grill Spice Rub and the Vietnamese Sweet Chili Sauce. I was drawn to the brown sugar in the rub which is always a favorite on wings and I am a sucker for anything sweet chili.
This wings recipe may be one of the easiest things you cook in your kitchen but it is not lacking in flavor or spice and heat. I topped my wings with some toasted almonds but it would be great with toasted peanuts or sesame seeds and some fresh scallions as well. If you like to compliment your spice try a dairy based dipping sauce like a ranch or blue cheese.
To learn more about Serious Foodie please visit them here:
- Website: https://serious-foodie.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theseriousfoodie
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/serious_foodie/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/serious_foodie
Spicy Honey Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb chicken wings
- 3-4 tablespoons Serious Foodie Filipino Grill Spice Rub
- 2 tablespoons Serious Foodie Vietnamese Sweet Chili Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- Pat the chicken wings dry and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Season with the Serious Foodie Filipino Grill Spice Rub.
- Place chicken wings in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes on 400 F.
- Flip the chicken wings over and air fry on 400 F for an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken wings from the air fryer and place in a large mixing bowl. Coat with the Serious Foodie Vietnamese Sweet Chili Hot Sauce and honey.
- Put chicken wings back in the air fryer at 400 F for two minutes.