I don’t have much to say about this one. Eating a homemade chocolate chip cookie right after it comes out of the oven is pretty sweet. After many attempts I am proud to share this recipe because I personally think it is perfected.
Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 12oz bag of chocolate chips or chunks
- Sea salt or Pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a slipat baking mat and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In an electric mixer (if you have one, otherwise just use a bowl) beat the softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy. Mix for approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
- In small batches beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir the in the chocolate chips
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 20 minutes (you can chill overnight as well)
- When ready to bake, drop approx. 1 tablespoon “balls” of dough on to the baking sheet. I love to use a small melon baller for this!
- Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of sea salt or Pink Himalayan salt.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
It sounds crazy but adding a pinch of sea salt on top of the cookies before baking changes the whole taste of the cookie and enhances all of the flavors.