My friends Lauren and Matt have a holiday party every year – it’s ALWAYS too much fun 🙂
This year I wanted to make these Pea Puree and and Tomato crostini. 1) Because it was red and green and festive for the holiday and 2) It is delicious.
I would know because I stole the recipe from my friend Krista at Lillian and Alice who made them for a get together I had over the summer.
Pea Puree and Tomato Crostini
- 1 10oz bag of frozen peas – defrosted
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 day old loaf of french bread
- More olive oil for brushing
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes – quartered
- 3/4 cup of pine nuts
- 1 lemon
- Toast the pine nuts over a medium low heat until golden brown.Set aside.
- Quarter the tomatoes. Set aside.
- Place the thawed peas, garlic clove and parmesan cheese in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pulse to chop then slowly stream in the olive oil until you get the consistency you want.
- Brush each side of the bread with olive oil.
- Place on a hot grill pan for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Top with the pea puree, tomatoes, and toasted pine nuts. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top when ready to serve.
If you don’t have day old bread take a fresh loaf, slice into 1/2 inch slices and toast in the oven at 300F for 10 minutes.
|Some of us at the party 🙂|