I make a lot of soup in the winter. It’s awesome because I can bring it in for lunch for a week and still have SO much left over to freeze for another time or give to my parents and sisters.
I like a lot of “stuff” in my soup. I found this Minestrone Soup on a blog I follow called http://www.livelovepasta.com/.
There’s a lot of ingredients in this soup so it took a while to get everything prepped. Totally worth it.
Here it goes…and oh yeah, HAPPY NEW YEARS!!
Minestrone Soup…Perfect for these cold nights!
- 4oz ditalini pasta (or any small shape)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ pound pancetta, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes and juice
- 4 10.5 oz cans beef broth
- 3 10.5 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 large handful green beans, ends removed and cut in half
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 small zucchinis, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than the package directions (it will finish cooking in the soup)
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil and cook the chopped pancetta.
- Add the diced onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrots and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes breaking them up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the 2 cans of beef broth, zucchini, potatoes, green beans, cannellini beans, and the chopped parsley and dried herbs.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta.
Serve with freshly grated cheese and bread
(I thought about this too late but should have toasted the bread or put it on the grill pan real quick…next time!)
Happy New Years to all!!
3 thoughts on “Minestrone Soup…Perfect for these cold nights!”
yum! i haven’t made minestrone yet this winter, but I love this recipe!
I just made a veggie soup this weekend and was thinking about how I haven’t made minestrone in a while. This sounds like a great recipe.
Its nearly midnight and all I want is soup right now!!!!!! ahh this looks amazing!